Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Welcome back

Seven years. How much changes in seven years?

It turns out, A LOT.

Life has a funny way, doesn't it? Today, I find myself working in one of the largest health systems in the area. I find myself in the Bay Area, a region I moved to with ZERO social network and only the potential of a great job (spoiler: it was not a great job but that's a discussion for another day). I find myself questioning whether or not I should move back to Hawaii. I find myself wondering if my current beau will be my forever beau.

"A lot" about sums it up, amirite?

In between all the career ladder and partner hunting and soul searching, I wonder sometimes what it is that I'd see as my best life. Do I seek financial stability? Do I seek financial excess? Do I want a house or would I be content living in a reasonably spacious condo? Do I want one kid or multiple? Do I want those kid(s) to go to private school or public school? Could I live away from my family? Would I want to live some distance from them?

And ultimately, would I settle for a "boring" life if it afforded me all the comforts and luxuries I could ask for or do I truly need adventure and pursuit to feel fulfilled?

The answer remains undefined.

No comments:

Post a Comment